Why is it important to Winterize your home?November 8, 2021
Do you know what NOT to do after a small fire in your home?June 8, 2022
Can you turn your crawlspace, into a livable space?A question many people ask is if you can turn your crawlspace into a livable space. However, carving out a basement from a crawl space is an undertaking that requires more than just a weekend and a couple of friends.If this is something that you are interested in doing you need to follow these important steps:
- Plan your project and ensure you have an engineer’s approval. (Most important step!)
- Get approval/permits from your city or county.
- Dig around the outside of the foundation down to the footings
- Raise the house structure with hydraulic jacks, I-beams, and cribbing
- Pour a new foundation wall or lay a new block wall for the basement
- Pour a concrete slab for the new basement floor
- Lower the house onto new foundation walls and remove cribbing
- Waterproof interior and exterior basement walls
- Backfill against exterior basement walls
- Complete interior finishing with framing, drywall, etc.
Keep in mind this project is feasible, however, it is best to get a professional involved in the process. By doing this it will save you money in the long run.